[Gambas-user] Right-to-left support in GTK OR QT

Mayost Sharon sharon at 455.co.il
Thu Feb 10 20:42:21 CET 2022

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
To: user at lists.gambas-basic.org
Sent: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 01:37:48 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Right-to-left support in GTK OR QT

> Le 09/02/2022 à 14:02, Mayost Sharon a écrit :
> > Hello
> >
> > Attached are pictures of what GTK looks like in English and pictures of what it looks like in Hebrew
> >
> > When I run the project (after going through MAKE) by giving it an environment he_IL
> > It shows all the controls well and from right to left (pictures attached)
> >
> > If I run the same project in the en_US environment it shows all the controls from left to right (pictures attached)
> >
> > The problem I want on the same project to mix let's say one ComboBox control will be right to left and another combo box that is left to right
> >
> > If I try to do this by the new direction property it does not work
> >
> > There are some controls that work partially for example: TabPanel, TabStip
> >
> > I hope I was able to explain the issue
> >
> > Many thanks
> >

> You have a warning message telling that hebrew locale is not installed
> on your system, which will break many right-to-left support as then
> Gambas will use the default "C" locale instead.
>
> Please install the support for hebrew locale and try your project again.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

------- End of Original Message -------

Hello

I installed the language pack now really no message missing language

And it did not solve the problem I present

If you can test this thing:
I am running GAMBAS IDE in en_US environment
Creates a new GTK project
Assumes the form:
ComboBox
CheckBox

If I change the direction of CheckBox from right to left
It works well

If I change the direction of ComboBox from right to left
It does not work he stays left to right

What is the difference between them

Many thanks