[Gambas-user] PLC programming with gambas3 IDE

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 7 21:41:09 CET 2022

Il 06.02.2022 19:24 Martin Belmonte ha scritto:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know if there is any IDE project to program PLC made with
> gambas3? or would it be possible to create a plugin in the gambas IDE
> upload code to arduino? etc. etc. etc..
>
> Using the gcc-avr compiler, from what I read on the web, it would be
> possible to compile a C program and then write it on the chip.
> As the instructions of a PLC are simple, maybe it would be possible
> program in gambas language and then load this code in the chip doing
> the
> conversion in a transparent way for the user.
> There is a program (wxPython) called Beremiz [1] that looks great and
> is
> gpl3 too, but I can't get it to work on my PC because of problems
> with
> python versions (it steel using v2.7),
> I am content to make the code for an arduino board or similar [2].
> How do you see it?

Last time i code for a PLC it has his own language: a sort of IDE where
you can use "logical block" (that was AND, OR, flip-flop, ecc)
and you concatenate them to you "build/write" your code. Very, VERY
different from gambas3/basic under logical viewpoint.
Really i think gambas (like other silmilat IDE) is NOT the way for this
kind of need.
Roberto

Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 70 hai 70 GB in 4G, minuti illimitati e 100
SMS a soli 7,99€ al mese http://tisca.li/Smart70