[Gambas-user] PLC programming with gambas3 IDE

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:47:06 CET 2022

Arduino is not a PLC, it is a microcontroller with a simple motherboard.
Two completely different things.
Also Gambas is compiled to bytecode which is run by the interpreter. It's
really not possible to make the interpreter work on Arduino (unless you
strip down most of the functions). Python works similarly, but there is a
version which compiles python to binary. But using it on microcontrollers
is generally a very bad idea. A lot of resources are used for very little
gain.
If you want to program Arduino, learn C. I haven't seen any decent
alternatives.

Jussi