[Gambas-user] PLC programming with gambas3 IDE

Martin Belmonte mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Sun Feb 6 19:24:30 CET 2022

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is any IDE project to program PLC made with
gambas3? or would it be possible to create a plugin in the gambas IDE to
upload code to arduino? etc. etc. etc..

Using the gcc-avr compiler, from what I read on the web, it would be
possible to compile a C program and then write it on the chip.
As the instructions of a PLC are simple, maybe it would be possible to
program in gambas language and then load this code in the chip doing the
conversion in a transparent way for the user.
There is a program (wxPython) called Beremiz [1] that looks great and is
gpl3 too, but I can't get it to work on my PC because of problems with
python versions (it steel using v2.7),
I am content to make the code for an arduino board or similar [2].
How do you see it?

[1] https://beremiz.org/
[2] AVR Atmel-8 bits (ATmega8, ATmega168, ATmega328, ATmega1280, ATmega2560)

Martín.