[Gambas-user] middle mouse paste

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Tue Dec 27 22:22:02 CET 2022

Le 27/12/2022 à 19:57, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> So it pastes regardless of any desktop settings.
> I've added an option in my ide for now as it is infuriating.
> https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/576e0d8ada2264fec19754d85e5db58784b58144 <https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/576e0d8ada2264fec19754d85e5db58784b58144>
> (plus the next commit to fix accidentally modified code)
>
> Respects
> BruceS

It's partially solved in the last commits.

GTK+ has a global desktop property for middle click paste that is taken
into account by GTK+ components at application startup.

But QT does not have an equivalent. So you have to clear the
Application.MiddleClickPaste yourself to have the same effect, and at
the moment the native Qt controls do not take the property into account.

Benoît Minisini.