[Gambas-user] window resize help

gian bagoneo at libero.it
Tue Dec 20 14:40:14 CET 2022

Il 19/12/22 17:10, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> Hey all.
>
> I wrote a routine to resize a window without a titlebar/border
>
> it tracks the mouse and makes the mouse image change okay (needs a
> better way to set it back to normal though)
>
> Something is not correct though with moving the Left or Top edge and I
> can't get my head around it.
>
> it seems to be jumpy setting the width or height when moving the left
> edge top, the opposite edge moves a bit and it shouldn't :(
>
> I tried a few methods but still the left/top edge is glitchy :(
> i've attached 2 versions
> 1.0.1 just uses Me.Move a lot
> 1.0.2 better uses Rect and i've tried to use Mouse.ScreenX not mouse
> StartX method.
> both glitch about the same.
>
> Anyone got a better, more robust method for window resizing via left/top
> edge?
>
> Cheers
> BruceS

Hi,

I don't know if this will help your problem, but when I tried to find
the exact height of the window menus so that I could show a popup window
(instead of the menu) I had noticed that the top position of the window
minus the border differed depending on the libraries.

For example:

   For Each h As Component In Components
     If h.Name Like "gb.qt*" Then
       $iMenuH = hFont.TextHeight(sMenu) + Style.BoxFrameHeight
     Else If h.Name Like "gb.gtk*" Then
       $iMenuH = hFont.TextHeight(sMenu) + (Style.BoxFrameHeight * 2)
     Endif
   Next

So the popup for QT libraries had to start slightly lower than for GTK

Something similar I had done for the left side again with the help of
Style but I couldn't find the latest version of my test and the old ones
didn't work right, sorry :-(

Maybe Benoit could clarify things :-)

Greetings

Gianluigi