[Gambas-user] User Digest, Vol 63, Issue 50 (should be: Re: Class behavior: _free method)

gian bagoneo at libero.it
Sat Dec 17 15:33:32 CET 2022

Il 17/12/22 15:13, CD ha scritto:
> Thanks for the tip, I opened and unpacked the project.
>    ok but it is a Create Static class...
> no matter :
> in the declarations of FMain.class you write:
> clsF As clsFoo
> after you make a line break...
> here, it becomes: clsF As ClsFoo
> and you?
>
> Cordially

Hi,

I created the static class because I did not need to instantiate it.

I can't figure out what code you are referring to, below are the codes I
wrote.

FMain.class :

Public Sub Button1_Click()

   clsFoo.bTimer = True
   clsFoo.RunTimer
   Print "Start"

End

Public Sub Button2_Click()

   clsFoo.StopTimer
   Print "Stop"

End

Public Sub Form_Close()

   Print "Close Form"
   Button2_Click

End

clsFoo.class :

Create Static

Property bTimer As Boolean Use $bTimer
Private $hTimer As Timer
Private $iCount As Integer

Public Sub RunTimer()

   If $bTimer Then
     With $hTimer = New Timer As "Timer1"
       .Delay = 1000
       .Start
     End With
   Endif

End

Public Sub StopTimer()

   $iCount = 0
   If $bTimer And If $hTimer Then $hTimer.Stop

End

Public Sub Timer1_Timer()

   Inc $iCount
   Print "Work from " & $iCount & " second/s"

End

' Public Sub _free()
'
'   Print "FREE"
'
' End

Try creating a new project and see if you can paste the code and if it
works.

Regards

Gianluigi