[Gambas-user] OpenGL: How to use VAO and VBO

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Wed Dec 14 20:04:29 CET 2022

Le 14/12/2022 à 15:59, martin p cristia a écrit :
> Tried in other system and worked fine. No clue about the reason as both
> are Ubuntu 22.04.1 with Daily PPA Gambas.
>
> El 13/12/22 a las 08:12, user-request at lists.gambas-basic.org escribió:
>> Well, is it installed? Are the headers installed? Is that the exact
>> error message?

Beware that 'libxxxx.so' is only a symbolic link to the actual library,
that is installed by the development package of the library.

So if you don't install the development package, you don't have the link.

You have normally two other library files installed by the library
package (not the development one).

For example, for "libGL", you have "libGL.so.1" and "libGL.so.1.7.0".
"libGL.so.1.7.0" is the actual library , and "libGL.so.1" is a symbolic
to it.

It's there because ".7.0" is usually a bug fix version number where the
public interface of the library does not change.

So you should use "libGL.so.1" to always get the latest version of the
first version of the libGL public API.

Of course, I can't ensure that you have the same "libGL" library version
number everywhere. It would be too easy. You must check!

Benoît Minisini.