[Gambas-user] Speaking of using common linux tools

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:09:00 CET 2022

so what do really want to achieve ... I don't understand.

If I want to hide an icon it is what I use ... because it's the common
linux distrib way based on the freedesktop specifications.

By the way I know zenity and I was using it before we have been able to
access to dbus directly and before dbus was so commonly used.

I add to this mail a class that is able to read the .desktop files(but not
write).

Le dim. 11 déc. 2022 à 11:17, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> zenity is easy , Zenity Manual
> <https://help.gnome.org/users/zenity/stable/index.html.en>
> I wouldn't call it a scripter though, it's just a requester GUI tiool
>
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2022 at 07:25, BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone got an idea of using "common" linux screen "scripters" like
>> zenity etc.
>>
>> I have always shied away from these as they look sooo distro dependant.
>> However suddenly an obtuse use case has arisen (where I want to
>> temporarily de-activate but not delete a .desktop icon).
>>
>> tia
>>
>> bruce
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----

Fabien Bodard