[Gambas-user] edits not saving

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:55:21 CEST 2022

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 at 17:39, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 at 11:55, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 at 15:43, Benoit Minisini <
>> benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

>>> is

>>> It should be fixed by the last commit (some code I forgot to commit).
>>>

>> Does the change event get raised on load even if the object is locked
>> because suddenly my text editor is telling me i've changes text when i
>> haven't.
>> Respects
>> BruceS
>>

> If i change line 1584 of CDocument.class in gb.form.editor to....
>
>    If Not Object.IsLocked(hView) Then hView._RaiseChange
>
> Then my editor works okay again.
>
> I tried to make my editor not get the change event on load but could not.
> changing the CDocument.class worked though.

I managed to fix my editor by adding a Wait 0.1 after the file load to
clear the Changed event out of the event loop.
Seemed no matter what i did to set my own changed flag to false on load the
editors Changed event fired afterwards.
Using Wait fixed it.

I'm going back a few years but i remember VB had a DoEvents() method that
let the event loop run while in an event handler.
can Wait be considered the same?
I've sometimes found using Wait on it's own without 0.1 has caused a
program lock up but using a time fraction very much works like DoEvents()

If the Answer is "No you should not really use Wait like that" (Ben you've
often mentioned i have used Wait where i should not) then can we get a
DoEvents() function?

Respects
BruceS