[Gambas-user] About property editing (idea No3)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:03:23 CEST 2022

I have a 3rd idea you might accept or not Ben.
It fixes my issue and possibly do what the other Ben was wanting too.
Plus it's a much simpler modification I think.

New _Property type Extern  (I called it that, you may think better)

https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/d301a905b89d8ee79d7d02d5e9d83c98cf4d2097

With that commit I can use this...
Public Const _Properties As String =
"*,ColorList{Extern:.hidden/coloredit.gbs}"
Property ColorList As String[] Use $aTextList

and .hidden/coloredit.gbs is an executable script that takes the value
string as the arg and returns the edited return string. (linefeed separated
string lists)

it just uses
Exec [Project.Dir &/ path, $sOldVal] To sNewVal
so it can be any executable file.
if the command gives an error code the property is not updated.

Ps. If i edit an executable gbs script in my project folder using the IDE
it removes the executable flag on save :(

Respects
BruceS