[Gambas-user] Hi, Has there been a recent change to the byte code

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sat Aug 20 16:37:25 CEST 2022

Le 19/08/2022 à 00:57, Brian G a écrit :
> I am running 3.17.3 on my desktop clients
>
> I compiled from the daily, and I am getting a bytecode too new.
>
> In the ide my choices of forcing the byte code are 3.15 and 3.18
>
> I am confused..... Not sure what to do
>
> "Failure is the key to success;
>   each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
> Brian G

Yes, commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/600a4d961d62de76db545dbe2f4afdd625a9d654

Other bytecodes changes are planned for the 3.18.

 > I am confused..... Not sure what to do

If you are sure that you are not using any specific 3.18 bytecode (at
the moment just the write-only properties), you can force the bytecode
of your projects to '3.15' so that they run on the stable version.

Benoît Minisini.