[Gambas-user] Does anyone have any thoughts on webassembly

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Sat Aug 6 18:12:12 CEST 2022

Le 06/08/2022 à 17:39, Brian G a écrit :
> I was thinking standalone programs, being able to run within the client,
> not server based applications.
>
> So not using the web interface

Yes, I know now. It's because I read the mail from the most recent to
the oldest instead of the contrary. :-)

As Yves Cloutier said, as soon as you need a library, you will get
problems with WebAssembly, which must sandbox everything to not make it
the new ActiveX. A web browser does not yet run a full operating system,
even if it is what Google wanted to hijack Windows and become the new
monopoly.

Benoît Minisini.