[Gambas-user] how to remote code gambas 3.17.x using ssh?

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:22:19 CEST 2022

Le 23/04/2022 à 01:42, roberto.premoli at tiscali.it a écrit :
> hi,
>
> recently  (3.13.0) Mr. Minisini kindly implemented "remote controll"
> via ssh to permit to code on PC_A
> from PC_B (in my case PC_A = pinephone and PC_B = my_desktop). I waited
> till 3.17.3 arrived on my distro,
> Now, the question is: how to do that features? What commna I have to run
> on the two devices to
> make them "see" one the other?
>
> thanks,
> Roberto

1) Compile and install gambas on the target system.

2) In the IDE of the source system, select "remote debugging" in the
debugging option dialog.

3) Activate the option.

4) Enter the IP address of the target system, the user name, and the
password.

5) You may have to add environment variables if, for example, you want
to debug a GUI program (you have to set "DISPLAY" for an X11
environment), because the ssh connection by default is just a terminal.

6) The directory field is optional.

Your program executable will be copy to the target system in a temporary
directory inside the home directory of the ssh user, with a little
debugger helper executable.

That directory can be changed with that directory field.

Note that profiling does not work with remote debugging yet.

Benoît Minisini