[Gambas-user] IDE Does Not execute App if a copy of the app is open on the computer from another source.

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Wed Apr 20 16:43:46 CEST 2022

Perhaps I did not describe what is happening clearly

If I create an installable application on my pc using the IDE,

Create the install package for that application.

Now I take that Install package and install it onto my pc.

I start this application running in a bash terminal. I leave this application running in that terminal.

Now I start the IDE again, open the original project and decide to make some changes to the app and try to run it in the IDE
the IDE will not start the app when i hit go.. it hangs.

if  I kill the instance of the app running in the bash window

now if i try to run the app in the IDE again it works fine and can be debugged.

I do not use the remote debug feature.

It appears that the IDE sees the app running in the bash session and tries to debug it

Even though I did not choose to debug a remote application.

This makes it impossible to actually use an app and develop it on the same pc.

It appears to be a problem with the IDE being confused.

"Failure is the key to success;
 each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G