[Gambas-user] QT gui no longer working correctly! I think...

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Tue Apr 5 11:04:08 CEST 2022

No, the problem comes from that change. I tracked it down completely I believe. I guess I did not regression test since 3.17 was released, that is  my bad.
I have created a test project that replicated the issue.
That change pretty much renders gambas useless for anything other than direct gui usage there is no way to process io in computationally intensive applications that need to also monitor user io. But can not afford long delays in processing them. Such as wait 0.01 and absolutely can not do a wait next.
I am frustrated by this change. Much of my work now fails. I guess I should have been paying more attention.
Since this change has made it appear to be  impossible to programmatically manage io efficiently. Have you or can  provided another way to achieve this inside a gui application.
io in this case means user input , keyboard and mouse.
The apps currently do a 'wait' to allow the GUI to function every few milliseconds based on a timer. The user still sees a functional GUI.
--
Thanks
Brian G Monday, 04 April 2022, 05:02PM -07:00 from Benoît Minisini  g4mba5 at gmail.com :