[Gambas-user] Window placement

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:55:41 CEST 2022

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 at 00:19, Steve G via User <user at lists.gambas-basic.org>
wrote:

> Me.top=5
> Me left=5
>
> I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why the above code does
> not want to work. Yes it's been in here before. I have more information. It
> seems to only affect existing projects. Those that were made with version
> 3.15. When I open them up in the version 3.16 I have this problem. However
> if I create a brand new project in the version 3.16 and set all of the
> libraries and properties the same I do not have the same problem. Could
> this be something that only affects projects written in earlier versions?

Some files in the bytecode dir (the .gambas dir) may simply be not
recompiled.
I have had problems in the past using the same program across different
gambas versions because of this, only modified source code would recompile
their bytecode files but not all.
There was 2 simple solutions...
1. load the project into the IDE and press the "Compile all" button to
force a recompile of all files in the .gambas dir.
2. if step 1 fails then just manually delete the .gambas folder, load
project in ide and hit make exe again to recompile.

Maybe that will help?
BruceS