[Gambas-user] Fwd: Strean closed at program wns

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:19:58 CEST 2021

Again, the error message is created by the component. Not by Gambas
interpreter. But I agree the error should be handled differently. IE not
allowed at all, if Settings does not handle serialization or at least the
message should be the other way around.

Benoit, this seems to be an issue also in the latest dev version.  See the
attachment.

Jussi

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 1:49 PM Dag JNJ <gambas at cd-bahia.com> wrote:

> Hi again, Gambas Version 3.16.3, But as I said, it's solved. your analyze
> is correct, and as I said, I got confused because Gambas said; Object
> expected but got boolean, It should be: Expected boolean but got object. My
> humble opinion. And this"Strean closed at program wns" should of course be
> "Stream closed at program end", sorry for that.
>
> Thanks
> Am 30.09.21 um 01:49 schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:
>
> What is your Gambas version?
>
> Jussi
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 2:36 AM Dag JNJ <gambas at cd-bahia.com> wrote:
>
>> Found it. It was opposite, didn't want an object, wanted a value. That
>> confused me totally. Thank you very much on a stony road,
>>
>> regards Dag JNJ
>> Am 30.09.21 um 01:21 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>>
>> Maybe just set a breakpoint in the save function and inspect the objects.
>> I wonder if a null object = false ?
>>
>> On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, 00:16 Dag JNJ, <gambas at cd-bahia.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I got this:
>>>
>>> Unable to save settings: Settings.SameSetting.262 Type mismatch: wanted
>>> Object, got Boolean instead
>>> Settings.Save.200
>>> ma.OptionsSave.353