[Gambas-user] Emacs support for Gambas

Duke Normandin dukeofpurl at gmx.com
Thu Sep 23 19:56:12 CEST 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:33:37 +0300
Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gambas is RAD language and thus the IDE offers visual GUI editor,
> profiler, debugger, autocompletion among many other tools. I
> think you will miss alot by not using the IDE.
> Just for interest, what are you planning to use Gambas for?

I'm not sure _what_ I will be using Gambas for or even at all. I am
only test-driving at the moment. Kicking the tires!

I have been developing code using emacs and other CLI tools since
the early '80s. For me, IDEs are a major PITA! First a person needs
to learn a maybe complicated piece of software complete with
information overload. THEN comes learning the programming language.
NO WAY! NADA!
emacs/vi => compile => debug => compile => no bugs = JOY!!  :-D

--
Duke