[Gambas-user] No ctrl-c and ctrl-v (copy/ paste) since V3.16.0

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Sep 18 15:10:40 CEST 2021

I now have the evidence that the rejected and persisting bug 2122 (no
ctrl-c and ctrl-v copy/ paste since V3.16.0) is a bug in the Gambas-IDE.
It occurs
- only when the IDE is running under GTK3 (not when started with qt4 or
qt5),
- only on older and slower PCs (verified against modern PCs of a friend
with the same "large project" where this problem occurs and the
identical OS),
- only when loading large projects (at least > 2000 code lines ) on all
my older PCs (100% reproducible !!).
- on all my 4 older PCs with different Mint versions and different desktops
- at no other application except Gambas
and I am not the only one with this problem as you can see in the bug
tracker.
I hope, that someone of the IDE programmers cares about this and takes
it up. If not, I have no other choice than fixing it myself, for which I
would be grateful for any hint and support. Being stuck at V3.15.2 or
buying new PCs are no options.

Good weekend to everybody

Claus