[Gambas-user] Need help with TextEditor

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:22:26 CEST 2021

On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 19:07, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 15/09/2021 à 12:31, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > You need to study the gb.eval.highlight component.
> > http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.eval.highlight
> > <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.eval.highlight>
> >
> > You can see how it's used in gambas syntax highlighting by studying the
> > TextEditorMode_Style classes in the gb.form.editor component
> >
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/tree/master/comp/src/gb.form.editor/.src
> > <
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/tree/master/comp/src/gb.form.editor/.src
> >

> > I made the TextEditorMode_Sh.class and it was a real head scratcher.
> >

> Yes, and it misses some shell syntaxes. :-)

does it?  darn and i thought i was almost perfect 🤔.   i compared it to a
few and i thought it did a better job than pluma :)
if only there was a way people who know better could do better and submit
improvements...   oh wait.  ;)

> I'd like to make a parser generator in Gambas, where you define the
> syntax highlighting in a declarative way, and it compiles it into
> highlighting code.
>
> Writing highlighters would be simpler then.

Ooh yes please, for us to be able to easier add syntax highlighting would
be brilliant.
pluma has tons to choose from.
someone could maybe do a better job than me ?  :)  i don't mind :)

we could stick something on the wiki maybe, like a collection of easily
addable highlighters to download or code to copy/paste?

Respects
BruceS