[Gambas-user] Drag mimetypes, trying to get pluma to open a file

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:32:17 CEST 2021

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 19:05, bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-09-13 at 18:20 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
> > I'm struggling with this one..
> >
> > trying to get pluma to accept a drop as a file to open and not just
> > insert
> > the filename into the document.
> >
> > I've tried...
> >
> > *MyObject.Drag(sFileName, "text/plain")*
> > and
> > *MyObject.Drag("file://" & sFilePath, "text/plain")*
> > this only inserts text into document.
> >
> > *MyObject.Drag( "file://" & sFilePath, "text/uri-list")*
> > with uri-list it causes my drag operation to lock up my program
> > somehow.
> > (only with pluma not my own gambas apps that do not differentiate
> > between
> > drag formats yet)
> >
> > *MyObject.Drag( "file://" & sFilePath, "text/uri-list;text/plain")*
> > same result as using text/uri-list alone
> >
> > if use *Drag.Formats.Join(";")* from caja onto my app i get...
> > x-special/mate-icon-list;text/uri-list;text/plain;charset=utf-
> > 8;text/plain
> >
> > trying to use *x-special/mate-icon-list* causes the drag operation to
> > fail
> > with "Bad drag format"
> >
> > Anyone cleared this hurdle before?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > BruceS
> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> Try this: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=208477
> (buggered if I'm going to wade through it.)

Cheers fella
I waded , nothing there about drag-n-drop mimetypes though :(
i wonder if it would work if i could pass the x-special/ types (it's
x-special/gnome-icon-list on gnome filemanager)
But it errors with bad format if i use them.

or if there is a particular format for text/uri-list i am not getting, my
research found i just need file:// prefix

darn you pluma !!  why so complicated and hard to find info (i have
searched)

BruceS