[Gambas-user] Drag mimetypes, trying to get pluma to open a file

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:20:55 CEST 2021

I'm struggling with this one..

trying to get pluma to accept a drop as a file to open and not just insert
the filename into the document.

I've tried...

*MyObject.Drag(sFileName, "text/plain")*
and
*MyObject.Drag("file://" & sFilePath, "text/plain")*
this only inserts text into document.

*MyObject.Drag( "file://" & sFilePath, "text/uri-list")*
with uri-list it causes my drag operation to lock up my program somehow.
(only with pluma not my own gambas apps that do not differentiate between
drag formats yet)

*MyObject.Drag( "file://" & sFilePath, "text/uri-list;text/plain")*
same result as using text/uri-list alone

if use *Drag.Formats.Join(";")* from caja onto my app i get...
x-special/mate-icon-list;text/uri-list;text/plain;charset=utf-8;text/plain

trying to use *x-special/mate-icon-list* causes the drag operation to fail
with "Bad drag format"

Anyone cleared this hurdle before?

Thanks in advance
BruceS