[Gambas-user] IDE-Bug with Layers/Order inside a Form?

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Sat Oct 2 18:45:59 CEST 2021

In one of my apps an ImageView used to work fine over years. When I
start it in the IDE nowadays under 3.16.3 it also works, but once I
opened the form containing the ImageView with the editor, the ImageView
cannot be seen any longer when running the app in the IDE. As I found in
such a case, the ImageView slipped below the background picture and
hence is hidden. Attempts to repositioning it to the foreground with the
context menu of the IDE failed. Also reloading of the app or restarting
the PC didn't help. In such a case it has disappeared forever and cannot
be moved to the foreground any longer. The only workaround to this
problem is a ImageView1.Raise command to force it to the foreground.

In the attached file you can see, how the position of the ImageView has
been changed in the form-code immediately after having opened the form
with the IDE editor. I am assuming that its position also determines its
layer.

To me it looks like an IDE bug. If you agree, how to proceed?

Good weekend to all

Claus