[Gambas-user] Software Farm problems

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:51:04 CET 2021

Le 12/11/2021 à 14:23, Jesus Guardon a écrit :

> El 12 nov. 2021 11:52, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> escribió:
>
>     I don't think it's a hacker , it looks like classic PEBCAC ;) lol
>

> I think this is a design flaw, no offense intended against Benôit.
>
> This is a farm or a code showroom, if you want, but not a versioning
> system as git or whatever.
>
> IMHO, inside the Farm, a new version of the *same* application might
> supersede  previous ones, deleting them and leaving only the latest one.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jesus

A new version of a project replaces a previous one only if just the
release number changes (the last number of the three numbers of the
version string).

Otherwise a new entry is created. And you will see the old ones in the
software farm client window only if you check "Show old versions".

But, of course, if the publisher changes the name of its project each
time he sends it to the farm, a new entry is created whatever the version.

Benoît Minisini