[Gambas-user] Understanding how to use gb.poppler instead of gb.pdf

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Mon Nov 1 10:47:21 CET 2021

In several projects I have used gb.pdf to show PDF files (mostly as a
printing preview). With qt5 and newer Linux versions it might be wise to
use the newer gb.poppler instead. At least the gb.pdf is deprecated.

In a first trial I simply replaced the library and expected to be lead
by the help texts how to use gb.poppler. But as it turned out, the help
was of no help.

For instance, a simple .Open(PathToFile) seems not possible anymore, but
there is no indication at all on how to load and show a pdf.

Could someone explain to me how to achieve this? And maybe we should
complete the help texts, especially with simple examples of how to
handle PDF files in gb.poppler.

Regards
Rolf