[Gambas-user] Libmpv interest?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 02:22:56 CEST 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 00:12, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 26/05/2021 à 01:07, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Hey Ben would there be interest in adding (I could give it a go) an
> > MpvView to gb.form.media ?
> >
> > I've only just got into it but it looks like very minimal code  could
> > open the libmpv command / option / properties up to the programmer and
> > enable a whole lot of functionality via a very small and basic class
> > file that by default could have the same functions/properties of
> > MediaView but then a whole lot more.
> >
> > The reason behind me using mpv in the first place and not MediaView is
> > mpv plays more video formats for me than gstreamer , yes probably my
> > config but still there are many other benefits of mpv.
> >
> > If only gtk3 would behave itself.
> >
> > Thanks for any consideration.
> >
> > BruceS
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> >

> You have to create a component in C/C++ on its own, because you are
> depending on a specific shared binary library.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Dang , that's well beyond my ability.
For someone like you who knows what they are doing with gambas C components
i should imagine it would be very simple as there's not really much to do
with the API, just a few functions then let the programmer do the rest,
it's a completely foreign language to me though.

Maybe for now i'll just refine my gambas usercontrol and pop it on the farm.
Cheers anyway :)
Wishing well
BruceS