[Gambas-user] ICMP

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:02:50 CEST 2021

On 25/5/21 3:10 pm, John Dovey wrote:
> This is probably a long shot, but has anyone done anything to create an
> icmp network check of remote hosts and can share some code?
>
> I have seen
> https://sologambas.blogspot.com/2012/08/haciendo-ping-en-gambas.html (
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/app/ping) and it's fantastic as a start, but
> it's simply a shell to ping which is Really not what I wanted.  I was
> hoping for something native to Gambas using the gb.net component or
> something...
>
> Here's hoping
> John

John,

Bad news I'm afraid. To address your 3 (and I must say well formed)
questions...

1) "has anyone done anything to create anicmp network check of remote
hosts"? Yes, several shiploads of attempts.
b) "can share some code"? Unfortunately (for you but not for me) no. I
sold the company and therefore the intellectual property.
c) "hoping for something native to Gambas..." AFAIK No.

To be serious, if I recall correctly, we had to use the Gambas
"externals" features and (highly IIRC) the nmap api.

But what is your intent? Are you trying to determine connectivity,
connectivity features (naughty :-) ), connectivity "status" or something
else?