[Gambas-user] libmpv

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Mon May 24 20:50:59 CEST 2021

May 24, 2021 2:35 PM, "Bruce Steers" <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone done anything with libmpv?
>
> I'm looking at making an mpv media player component as it seems to support more formats than
> MediaView/GStreamer
>
> I've figured out how to run mpv via shell and embed it into a panel but it lacks control.
> I wondered if anyone has any libmpv code they've worked on i could browse?
>
> Or would they know if an embedded mpv can be further controlled via shell commands?

Also, there's this: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/man/ipc.rst

"mpv can be controlled by external programs using the JSON-based IPC protocol. It can be enabled by specifying the path to a unix socket or a named pipe using the option --input-ipc-server. Clients can connect to this socket and send commands to the player or receive events from it."

Regards,

Joe1962