[Gambas-user] Gambas3 Debugger: Data Breakpoint

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 15:41:58 CEST 2021

Le 22/05/2021 à 21:10, John Anderson a écrit :
> Forgive me if this already exists in Gambas, but On Gambas3.16, while
> debugging is there a way to:
>
> Setup a Breakpoint to halt execution when <Expression> changes?
>
> I know we can setup a Watch Expression to see what a variable / object
> value is while paused at a breakpoint,  but is there a way to setup a
> "Data Breakpoint" that can halt when an expression changes value.
>
> For instance in Gambas IDE: Setup a watch on public variable Xval , and
> then tell the system we want to halt whenever Xval changes.
>
> I can't seem to find this in the docs if it exists.
>
> -John

Hi,

Stopping the debugger when an expression changes has been implemented in
the last commit.

It's not so slow as soon as your expression does not reference a local
symbol (i.e. a local or a class variable), because searching the value
of a local symbol is not optimized in the debugger (it has to compare
the symbol name with all possible symbol registered in the debugging
information, there is no symbol table for that).

Benoît Minisini