[Gambas-user] Gambas3 Debugger: Data Breakpoint

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 09:28:44 CEST 2021

Hi John,
I feel some of your pain, having been through some of that with a few
migrations of VB6 and even older DOS based Basic dialects to Gambas.
We would like to do more but it is very time consuming to migrate
especially on the larger codebase programs, and hence have a lot of VB6
programs still running under wine.
I particularly miss the ability to set a breakpoint in the "on error"
section(s) and then being able to drag the active line to a "resume"
statement having altered some offending variables on the fly to carry on
debugging in very large projects where to start over is such a pain when
a lot of inputs are required just to get back to the same point.
Some habits die hard!
We loaded notepad++ via wine and use it alongside the Gambas IDE where
the being able to fold code helped a lot and some of the search and
replace functionality proved more efficient for us.
Also within Gambas Ctrl+H helped to a degree, and multiple large monitors.
Good Luck
K.