[Gambas-user] IDE Operatiuon questn - suggestions part 2

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun May 23 00:18:49 CEST 2021

Am 22.05.21 um 05:52 schrieb John Anderson:

> I'm asking because we're looking at re-writing a large-ish VB6 project
> (80k active code lines), and contained therein we've got some single
> procedures many hundred code lines long, not counting comments.

Uargh. In cases like this bookmarks (Ctrl-B) are very handy to jump
around in the code.

> evaluating Gambas to see if it's up to the task.

Yes! If you are ok with the fact that you have to run it under Linux in
future, Gambas is great!

I have ported a large VBA project to Gambas that was about the same
size. I could reuse a lot of code in Gambas. Naturally i had to go
through every module and hit F5 thousands of times, but the fact alone
that you can copy/paste the VB(A) code to Gambas, run it with F5 and
Gambas tells you what to change is worth its weight in gold.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur