[Gambas-user] WebView - Findtext

Ian Roper ian.roper at iinet.net.au
Wed May 19 05:40:34 CEST 2021

The qt webview component has a Findtext method.

MyWebView.Findtext("text",Backward,CaseSensitive,Wrap)

The first issue I am trying to resolve, is that the search function does
not have a 'whole word' parameter.

ie: if you search for '*can*' it will highlight 'va*can*t'.

The second issue is that there is no way I can find to return the search
'start position' to the top of the page.

If you are searching for a list of words in order. Apple,Banana,Pineapple.

and the text is:

Apple

Pineapple

Pineapple

Banana

Apple.

After the first search item is complete (Apple) then a search for the
other items in the list returns zero found.
The search pointer is set to the final 'apple' in the list and no other
search items from the list are found.

Is there a way to start a search at the beginning of the document ?

Note# MyWebView.Refresh does not do this.- Tested.

Note# Setting the 'wrap' parameter in the findtext method to 'True',
puts the search into an endless loop.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Ian