[Gambas-user] Shell Wait without Freeze Program

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 13:25:31 CEST 2021

Then do not use bash.
Did you understand what many people explained?

Try this..
Open a terminal and type 'yourcommand.sh'.
Then type 'exit'
You will find the terminal closes.

Now open a terminal and type 'bash yourcommand.sh'
That starts another shell in the already open shell.
Then type exit and you will find the terminal dies not close. It exits the
second bash process and you will have to type exit again to close the
terminal.

Stop using bash to run the script and just use ./

Or put '; exit' after command. That will exit the second bash shell after
command runs.

Do you understand?
The process you start with your command is a bash shell (not just the
script) and 'exit' must be used to terminate it.

It has been well explained.
If you still do not understand then read the previous answers again.

 BruceS.