[Gambas-user] Shell Wait without Freeze Program

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun May 16 01:52:25 CEST 2021

On 5/15/21 7:27 PM, Hasan Merkit wrote:
> How i can make waiting Shell without freezes program?
>
> When i use this:
>
> Shell “bash /etc/teteosnet/temp/piluxupdate_beta1.sh” Wait
>
> Application executing this SH file, it’s fine but while executing, after few seconds OS warn user “My Gambas3 App not
> responsing. [Wait] [Force Quit]”
>
> Just i want make my program wait to end of script, but not freeze.

By using the command, “bash /etc/teteosnet/temp/piluxupdate_beta1.sh”, you are invoking another shell. Is that necessary for the
script? If your default shell is bash, then it is likely not necessary. What closes the sub-shell?

You may need to do something like, “bash '/etc/teteosnet/temp/piluxupdate_beta1.sh; exit'”.

--
Lee