[Gambas-user] How to make Textbox only accept alphabetic and numbers characters

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 10:55:29 CEST 2021

On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 07:35, Bruce <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/5/21 3:42 pm, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> > I guess we won't stay with mailman forever (AFAIK this is a mailman-only
> > feature)
>
> We mightn't have chocolate forever either but that doesn't mean we can't
> eat it now. :-)
>
> and we should also consider: Do we really need this?
>
> I suppose some people may find it useful.

I think a beginners list "no such thing as a silly question" is the answer.
Topic setting will be to complicated or unknown for some
Or and advanced list for people who don't want to answer/see newb questions

Or just don't give a crap Bruce.
My whole "only ask advanced questions here" ethos has developed from you
having a go at me for not searching the list archives.
This thread has swung this way because you had a go at the poster of this
mail.

Perhaps an introduction message could help. Or a bit of info on the
emailing list sign up page to warn people that this is not just a beginners
list but also has advanced users and is the list for gambas development
itself.
That "silly" questions because you have not read the docs very well or
searched through mail archives may return an annoyed answer for those who
have answered the same question too many times.

To be clear, I do not care. I just joined this thread to help get a resolve
here. I personally do not mind helping the newbs.

BruceS