[Gambas-user] How to make Textbox only accept alphabetic and numbers characters

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri May 14 08:12:15 CEST 2021

Am 13.05.21 um 14:56 schrieb John Dovey:

> There is an option within the list management software (Mailman) to add
> “Topic areas” which people can choose from. Maybe they need to create an
> “advanced” topic, and those who only want to see advanced topic
> questions can subscribe to it

Thank you for this idea which was new to me.

https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node29.html

I guess we won't stay with mailman forever (AFAIK this is a mailman-only
feature) and we should also consider: Do we really need this? Knowing
me, i would probably always forget to set the topic "advanced" and
besides, "advanced" is a fuzzy distinction. For me, "advanced" is always
everything i don't know yet, and as soon as i know it, it's "banal".

;-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--