[Gambas-user] uninstall gambas to reinstall gambas 3.16

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 20:02:05 CEST 2021

Le 13/05/2021 à 10:49, CD a écrit :
> Hello, too many worries with gambas3.
> having read the last post concerning the update of gambas 3.16,
> I opt for the solution of uninstalling gambas 3 but it does not work:
>
> cd at ClevoCD:~$ sudo apt remove gambas3

This does not remove all "gambas3", but only the "gambas3" package,
which is just a meta-package depending (normally) on all other gambas3
packages.

Can you do that?

1) Go to synaptic, check ALL installed gambas3 packages for removing,
and remove them.

2) Then install Gambas 3.16.0 from the Gambas stable PPA by installing
the "gambas3" package (which should install everything).

Do not use the daily PPA, because I'd like first to fix the stable PPA
and then forward the fix to the daily PPA.

Benoît Minisini