[Gambas-user] Why are Gambas crying

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:35:59 CEST 2021

Le 13/05/2021 à 16:35, Hasan Merkit a écrit :
> Yeah, Gambas3-IDE started crying. But, why?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJi5ZnVe_4
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJi5ZnVe_4>

There is a tradition in computer programming of making "easter eggs",
i.e. hidden useless functions.

But for catholics (and orthodox christians), easter is one of the two
most important holy days (in two words).

So I decided to add an easter egg on easter. Seems logical.

It allowed me to test some features.

(And it reminds me the things that are more important than Gambas).

Then I added other easter eggs on other important holy days. It allowed
me to test other features: sound with GStreamer, transparent drawing,
animations...

Of course, if you are not a catholic, you can be surprised by that! (if
you are an orthodox, it will be the right holy days but on the wrong dates).

Why it starts crying today? It is actually both crying and smiling,
because the day of the Ascension was both a sad and a glorious day.

And now that the IDE can run with Qt or GTK+, don't forget to tell if
you have any crash with the music or the animations. Especially the
sound, because with Gambas you can run GStreamer with anything (Qt,
GTK+, SDL...), and it may not work well in some cases.

Benoît Minisini