[Gambas-user] strange Message behavior

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 21:03:24 CEST 2021

Le 11/05/2021 à 20:36, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>> OK, it seems that Pango >= 1.20 has a non backward-compatible change
>> that breaks multi-line text drawing.
>>
>> More news about that soon...
>>

> <rant>It's not just GTK+ developers that like to break all programs
> using their libraries when releasing a new minor version.</rant>

This was not a backward-incompatible change, I was wrong.

This was a backward-incompatible bug fix apparently.

There was a bug in Pango that was ignore the first line of text is some
cases, and I added a UTF-8 invisible character at the start of the Pango
string to workaround the bug.

It worked before, but now it makes Pango randomly ignore some lines when
displaying text.

The problem is guessing which version of Pango needs the workaround, and
which one must not use it!

Benoît Minisini