[Gambas-user] Idea for 3.17

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:27:00 CEST 2021

On 6/5/21 4:08 pm, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> As long as there is no namespace definition before the symbol name
> everything is as before.
>
> Think as there is a global namespace in which everything happens –
> currently. This one should not be disturbed.

This is the problem! The Gambas system does not understand the concept
"before".  For example and why I have an interest in this thread, some
time ago I wanted to create a library that contained a "Color" class.
This proved to be impossible as the gb.gui component already has a
static "Color" class. I specifically wanted a non-static class.
Notwithstanding that, every reference to "Color" before adding my now
hypothetical library refers to the gb.gui Color class. After I add my
library what do the un-namespaced references refer to? The compiler DOES
NOT KNOW that I have added a new library! It has no understanding of
what the project was like "before"!

regards
bruce