[Gambas-user] Building on FreeBSD (Powerpc64)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 00:33:23 CEST 2021

Le 01/05/2021 à 00:04, Curtis Hamilton a écrit :
> Benoit,
>
> It's been a while.
>
> I just built the new 16.0 release and came across a couple of issues.
>
> 1) The build errors when compiling "gbx_c_file.c" due to the missing
> include "<sys/sysmacros.h>".  BSD variants do not have this header.
> However the definitions needed are found in "<sys/types.h>".
>
> 2) On FreeBSD, and most other BSD variants, the icons are stored under
> "/usr/local/.."
>
> Other than that things look good.  The attached file contains the
> patches I developed to overcome the issues noted above.
>
> Thanks for all your good work.
>
> -Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the patch - the version is 3.16.0, not 16.0.

Your patch of 'gb.form' was incorrect, you didn't understand what the
AddPath() method does, so I fixed that in commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/ae3ff60eef799cb58b82215c9d5c2914d24a4dbd.

Tell me if you have problems with it.

Benoît Minisini