[Gambas-user] getting Gambas version info across devices

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:18:46 CET 2021

Hi all , i have a query..

I have made a simple application I call whatGambasWhere that mounts all my
hard drives, checks gbc3 exists in usr/bin/ and runs it with -V to get it's
version.

If you look at the attached snapshot you can see it works for every system
except Manjaro that has a library issue.

I tried using gbr3 and if i do ONLY the ubuntu disks work and i get library
errors on most.

so is there possibly....
A. Another/better way to get the installed gambas version from another
file, maybe a text file?
B. a way to get manjaro version to work okay ,, running gbc3 -V on the
manjaro system works fine.
C. no hope

Cheers in advance.
BruceS