[Gambas-user] gitlab gambas is down

Tobias Boege tobs at taboege.de
Sun Mar 14 18:50:29 CET 2021

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021, vuott--- via User wrote:
> Hello,
> if I want to update my Gambas, when I send this command from the Terminal:
>
>    ~$ git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel
>
> I get a prompt to enter the "Username" text:
>
>    Clone in 'gambasdevel' in corso...
>    Username for 'https://gitlab.com':
>
> it waits for me to write a text.....

Right, I noticed this, too, when I pulled from the official repository
yesterday. I was almost sure that I didn't have to authenticate for read-
only access before (only when I pushed directly to master) and now this
makes sense if the repository has been turned secret/private on (by?)
Gitlab.

The prompt wants you to type the username and password of someone who
is allowed to see the repository.

Best,
Tobias