[Gambas-user] Crash with latest version

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:49:08 CET 2021

> No, he found bugs and then he wrote a couple of tests which help you to
> avoid these bugs in future. This is a different thing.

Actually it is the both.
I have made code just to look for crashes and I have found bugs and then
turned them into tests.

> What you thought about is "Fuzzing":
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzing
>
> This is another playing field.

I think the approach of testing expected behaviour is a must, but we also
need a bit of fuzzing like tests also.

> But it would help a lot if you could write the expected behavior in
> tests before you create a new method because if someone later would
> alter the program we could assure that it won't destroy the expected
> behavior.

I agree, and it would work kind of a part of documentation /
standardization also.
But it may also be too much work for Benoit.

Jussi