[Gambas-user] [THEORY] What's the difference* between a RO Property and a public function?

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:22:01 CET 2021

*Difference as in:
a) pCode size
b) wxecution speed

Particularly, but not specifically, I have a class that has an attribute
"TableNames" that returns the list of tables in a database as a String[]
array.  The source code implementation is essentially the same either
way - query the database system catalog, build the array and return it.

So, ignoring the implementation detail which is immaterial to the
question, can someone who understands the stuff "under the bonnet" tell
me if there is any difference?

(BTW: This is NOT the same as using the Connection.Tables property! I am
looking to get a simple list of table names for a combobox list.)

tia
bruce