[Gambas-user] Focus shifting with arrow keys (custom controls)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:24:19 CET 2021

Hi all

I got me a problem and just need to know if there is a function or if i'll
have to write the code...

I have made a custom Checkbox and it's test form has a bunch of the custom
checkboxes plus some normal ones in a selection of panels.

I have set Focus = True on my controls but get the following behaviour...

Tab button works completely as expected. focus shifts to the next control
even if it is in another panel or the first control if it's on the last one.

Using the arrow keyboard keys though initially only worked for the normal
checkboxes and not mine.

I started to add some code on the Key event handler using Me.Next , then
had to work on finding parent containers and stuff to get to the next
control if in another panel.
as it was getting more and more complicated i thought maybe i could ask if
there is a function i am missing to do this or if i should continue to
write the code?

Thanks in advance
BruceS