[Gambas-user] Corruption of application.conf with Raspberry Pi

Michele V. akrobaticone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:16:47 CET 2021

Thank you Bruce for your reply

> you could then add a static *DoNotSave* variable to your Settings.class
> file and stop it saving in* Public sub _free()*

For the future it could be interesting to add by default this property at
Settings Class in order to prevent settings writing at the end of
application
It may be very useful in Raspberry application or in another critical
situation
of course I will follow the directions you suggested.

> https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1029

I add another informations
When the corruption happen sometimes the application.conf file has 0 size
The reason could be the Ext4 fs and  journalig, in Raspberry Pi with Sd
card the real writing on disk may be very delayed
Two options are available
1) disable journaling
2) By shell execute "sync" command" to force writing on disk