[Gambas-user] GridView Cell Height with WordWrap

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:24:23 CET 2021

Il giorno mar 2 mar 2021 alle ore 08:52 Rolf-Werner Eilert <
rwe-sse at osnanet.de> ha scritto:

> Yes, but... When I can set .Data.Background within _Data, why not just
> set Data.Height = -1  here too? Because it affects the whole Row and not
> only one cell?

As Minisini replied in the bugtracker, it depends on the fact that the Data
event returns the content, to change the background you don't need to know
the content, instead it is useful for changing the size.
Columns.Width = -1 must also be set later but the columns are few compared
to the rows.

I believe that if your project does not include more than a few thousand
lines you should not consider the problem.

> If it really makes so much a speed difference to set this AFTER the
> _Data event has spread the individual cell data, then it should be at
> least be explicitely mentioned in the help for the Data event to warn
> off anyone who is unaware.

If you find it useful, you can add it yourself, anyone who signed up with
the bugtracker can do it.

Regards
Gianluigi