[Gambas-user] Latest ppa: bad package dependencies

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 04:19:38 CEST 2021

On Fri, 2021-06-25 at 03:38 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 25/06/2021 à 03:34, bb a écrit :
> > There are two issues here.
> > 1) The dependencies for the target package are including
> > dependencies
> > on libraries that are only defined for the development work. IOW a
> > library listed in the Project Properties "Libraries" tab is being
> > included in the dependencies for the Ubuntu package. The library is
> > NOT
> > included in the Project Properties "Information" tab.
> > 2) The dependency is misnamed. It looks for a package named with
> > the
> > FULL vendor name rather than the vendor prefix, when both are
> > defined
> > in the packaging wizard.
> > I'll leave this post at this length ATM.
> >
> > bruce
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> >

> I don't understand what you are talking about.

I am talking about packaging a project for installation on a Ubuntu
based system.

We have a library that provides us with some testing and debugging
methods, some "code quality" checking methods and some environment
checking methods. It is only necessary when running the target project
within the IDE. It is not needed in the installed project.

In the packaging wizard I have :
On page 1
"Add vendor prefix or name to package names" checked
"Vendor name" set to "paddys-hill"
"Vendor prefix" set to "ph"
On page 5
"Minimum Gambas version" checked and set to 3.14
There are no other dependencies set.

I create the package successfully as "gambas3-ph-internalsrt_0.0.31-
0ubuntu1_all.deb" etc, but when I try to install it with "GDebi
Packager Installer" it fails with

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: paddys-hill-qatest (>=0.90.0)"

Now firstly qatest is a library, there is no package for it. It only
lives as ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/qatest.gambas

So why is the packager including a dependency on a library in the first
place? Secondly, disregarding the fact that it does, why is it looking
for a package prefixed with the full vendor name instead of the vendor
prefix?

regards
bruce